As if it wasn’t brilliant enough already, your phone has another trick up its sleeve…
If you’re 13 or over, and you have an Apple or Samsung phone, you can link your card to your phone to use Apple Pay or Samsung Pay. This means you can use your phone (instead of your card) to buy things anywhere you see the contactless symbol – usually up to the value of £30. Just hold your phone over the card reader.
This means you can use your phone (instead of your card) to buy things anywhere you see the contactless symbol
The techy bit
You’ll need to add your debit card to your digital wallet. You only need to do this once then you’re good to go.
To set it up – Phone 6/6+ and later
1. Open Wallet
2. Click ‘+’ in the top right hand corner
3. Use your camera to capture your card – or enter the card details manually
4. Enter the expiry date and the three-digit security code on the back of your card
5. Read and accept the terms and conditionsEnter the 6 digit code we text you.
To use it – Phone 6/6+ and later
1. Open Wallet
2. From the cards you’ve saved, tap the one you want to pay with
3. If you change your mind and want to choose a different card, swipe down to put the current card back in your wallet, then pick another one
4. Hold your finger over your Touch ID reader and tap your phone where you’d usually tap your card.
To set it up
1. Open the Samsung Pay app. If the app isn’t already there for you, you can download it from the Google Play Store
2. Click ‘Add’
3. Then ‘Add credit or debit card’
4. Use your camera to capture your card – or enter the card details manually.
To use it
1. Swipe up from the bottom edge of your screen
3. Tap your phone where you’d usually tap your card.
Keep it up to date
If you get a new card either because your card has expired or you lose it, you’ll need to remember to remove the old card details from your digital wallet, and add the new card details before you use your phone to make payments again.
If you lose your phone, call us and we can cancel your registration with Apple Pay or Samsung Pay. You should also take steps to suspend or disable your phone until it’s safely back in your hands.
And if you are worried about the security of your card details if your fear your phone has been stolen, then call us to block and reissue your card.
So that’s how to pay for stuff with your phone. But want to pay back a friend with just a mobile number? Read our next blog on Paym….
Learn more about Danske Discovery current account at danskebank.co.uk/discovery
- Apple Pay and Samsung Pay are available on selected devices. Standard contactless limit of £30 applies unless otherwise stated by the retailer.
- Apple the Apple logo and Apple Pay are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries.