What are cookies?
- Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit our online services.
- Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience.
Purpose of use on this website
For statistical collection (session & persistent)
- In order to improve our online services, we use various cookies to gather broad information on usage patterns such as:
- which pages users have looked at and when
- what browser users have
- what screen resolution is used
- which operating system is used
- which website users visited immediately prior to ours (only if they clicked on a link to come to this website)
- what java version users have
- This information is then used by us to improve / optimise our online services for you.
- These types of cookies do not contain personally identifiable information.
Types of cookies
Session: these only have a lifespan for the duration that the browser is open and are automatically deleted when the browser is closed.
Persistent: these cookies have a lifespan for a set amount of time and will remain on your device until that time – unless deleted by you.
How to control / delete / disable cookies
Notice for users
If you want to avoid cookies at all, you need to disable cookies in your browser. However, disabling cookies may mean some functionality might not work.
Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you ind useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.